Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Phil's Big Fish


Last Saturday I caught a Crappie from Lake Travis. Despite what you might be thinking that is a good thing. A Crappie is a tasty fish found round these parts related to the Perch. The one I caught weighed 4lb and 1oz which I think is an unofficial record for Lake Travis and possibly Texas. Unfortunately I was not aware of how big the fish was in relation to others caught or the correct procedures for recording a record sized fish so I might not make it to the record book. It tasted great baked up with herbs and spices though.


It was caught with a spinning lure in the near dark and as you can see by the look on my face I wasn't really expecting to catch something this big!

My lovely Mother asked if it was a fancy dress fishing party that I was at. No, I had just been out on the lake all day and I like the 'Hawaiian' clothes for that. Cheeky Mother. Since when did I have any fashion sense anyway?

1 Comments:

At Wed Aug 17, 07:17:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Nice fish! Everyone in the lab is impressed, so is the family. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home