Friday, August 26, 2005

The Ashes

Oh my word.
Firstly, C'mon England!
Secondly, I love the BBC!
I am listening to the fourth test of The Ashes over the web with my new wireless headphones. They look rather silly but it's great to be able to listen to the BBC all around the lab or house. For our American friends, the Ashes are played for between England and Australia and the sport is cricket. This match is at my home ground - Trent Bridge, West Bridgford, Nottingham. I love listening to Henry Blofeld. He is surely the most English person you could ever listen to. He has a great knack of talking about random things, especially buses. Apparently the bus stop on Loughborough road that Rebecca and I used on our latest trip to Nottingham is 'quite jolly'.
For a little piece of home try http://www.bbc.co.uk/tms/ from 8th Sept.
As mentioned in the book 'bluff your way in cricket' England do tend to have a rather annoying knack of grasping defeat from the jaws of victory. Hopefully this trend will be broken at the Oval next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home