Saturday, April 07, 2007

I just couldn't do it


It was dinner time. I had a 10 inch frying pan that I bought from the charity shop today, a Swiss army knife, and of course my oven.

I thought I'd go over to the store (supermarket) and look at the frozen food aisle. Surely, I thought, I could find something to eat there that I could cook in a frying pan or the oven. I walked up and down the aisle, I even almost put a bag of frozen chicken and vegetable fried rice in my trolley. But when it came to it I just could not bring myself to buy a ready prepared meal.

In the end I baked a couple of potatoes in the oven and fried up some ground beef (mince) with onions, garlic, squash, zucchini (courgette) (all cut with the Swiss army knife) and a can of chopped tomatoes (opened with the knife). A little seasoning, a splash of red wine, and washed down the hatch with a glass of said wine. Yum. I probably got three portions of veg and a lot less salt than a ready meal (partly because I don't have any salt yet though!).

I had a good couple of hours surfing this afternoon as well which is great exercise. So, now I feel good about myself, I guess it's time to go and fill myself up with alcohol!

The frozen meal picture can bought as a poster from AllPosters.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home