Saturday, February 17, 2007

Custard Slice!

A Custard Slice is probably my favourite delicacy from an English bakery. I couldn't leave the country without having one but it has been quite a challenge to find a bakery that sells them. Today in Salisbury, we found some. I bought four so that we could all have one, except for me who could have two! They were fantastic except for the jam. I'm not sure jam should be allowed but beggars can't be choosers when they are as scarce as they seem to be these days. Despite the fact that they are amazing they do have one major design flaw which is demonstrated here by my Step Father. The pastry is stronger than the custard so when you bite in the custard just squirts out the sides. Perhaps that has been their downfall.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home