Monday, September 12, 2005

Ashes Return Home



Today England won the ashes back from Australia after nearly 20 years since the last time we won back in the days of Gower, Botham, Smith, Lamb, Gatting, and the neck-less Gladstone Small.

I got up at 0430hrs to listen to Test Match Special via the internet with my wireless headphones. It was well worth it.

I’ve always wondered how people get so worked up over sport but I have to say, even though I am thousands of miles away, I have got quite excited on a number of occasions during this series. The hairs on the back of my neck stood right up when the umpires removed the bails to signify the end of the match today even though we had known the result for over an hour.

Let’s just hope this England team doesn’t go the way of the rugby team after they beat Australia not so long ago.

1 Comments:

At Wed Sep 14, 03:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving those headphones, and I think you are too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home