Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A little shaky at first


After spending the day in my pajamas yesterday, today I ventured out into the big wide World. First off I pumped up the tyres on my brother's bike. The front tyre immediately decided to explode! So, I borrowed Jimmy's bike and off to town I rode on the right side of the road. By right I mean wrong! I only realised when I got onto the bigger road at the bottom of the hill. All the way into town I was trying to make eye contact with the passengers instead of the drivers when approaching junctions to check they had seen me. I guess its better that I did that on my bike than in my brother's car!

In the afternoon Bert came around to see. We took a walk over the hill to Old Sarum and he took some photos of me climbing on the remains of the old cathedral that dates back to the 11th or 12th century.

On the way back home we stopped off for a cheeky pint. My first for over a year. I was a little upset to find that they didn't have any hand pumped beer. The barman obviously knew exactly what we were after when Bert asked him 'do you have any real beer?' since he replied 'no, we don't, sorry mate'. The pints of Old Speckled Hen that we bought were certainly good enough though for someone who's been out of the loop for a couple of years. As you can see it left me feeling quite happy and mellowed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home