Sunday, April 08, 2007

Three years it took

After three years since entering the US I am finally writing the date the wrong way around. I guess that would be the right way around if you are American. It still makes no sense to me though to put the month before the day. I can't think of any reason why it would be done that way. Americans will say "July 4th" instead of "4th of July". Did that come before 7/4 was used I wonder? Anyway, it turns we all have it wrong as the international standard date format according to ISO 8601 is YYYY-MM-DD. At least that is in an reasonable order, largest to smallest.

I have a feeling I have written about this before... Oh well, I am thirty this year.

Happy Easter by the way

2 Comments:

At Mon Apr 09, 11:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I used to have to deal with people both in the US & Europe at my old job I got into the habit of writing it DD Mmm YY just to be safe, which is how I still do it. E.g., 9 Apr 07. Makes it more obvious.

 
At Mon Apr 09, 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Dr Phil said...

Thats how I write it in my lab book just so I don't confuse myself but on the little tubes we use theres not enough space.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home