Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Gobble Gobble Gobble



It's a fun time of year to be in the states. Last week it was Thanksgiving when, unusually, Americans actually take off from work and don't do much except eat, drink, and watch football. It's like a warm up for Christmas. The day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year. Also, as soon as the day is over, out come the Christmas lights. The houses are now festooned with crazy amounts of lights in all shapes and sizes. It must be awesome to own an electricity company at this time of year!
This year I spent Thanksgiving in Dallas with Rebecca's Mom's family which was really good fun. The Aggies gave the Longhorns quite a scare, but most interesting of all was the treat Uncle Lee had in store for us. He deep fried a 20lb turkey! That was the most amazing turkey I have ever eaten in my life. It was so tender and succulent. Even the leftovers the next day were still not in the least bit dry.
I guess this is the next step in my red-neck evolution.
The next Turkey I see will hopefully be through cross hairs. Roll on Christmas in the Panhandle...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home