Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Texas Christmas

Christmas was a little different this year. I spent it away from home for the first time in my life. There was no alcohol. There was James Bond though. My family were great and managed to get gifts and cards to me in plenty of time and I was very touched buy them all. Rebecca's family made me feel very welcome as always and we had a great time enjoying the country life. I came back with 2 rabbits, 12 quail, and a 3lb Bass.

I just slow cooked one of the rabbits in the crock pot for 8 hours with some potatoes, onions, carrots, rosemary, bay leaves, red wine and water after having rubbed salt, pepper and garlic into the meat the night before. I gotta tell you that was some tasty bunny!

One of the hardest things this year was not being able to meet up with all my mates in Nottigham for my birthday which has been a tradition for many years now. Most of them did manage to meet up without me though and I chatted with them on the phone which was nice and made it seem more like a normal birthday.

I guess the conclusion is that I have wonderful friends and family. And sometimes the World gets to feeling a little smaller.

Thanks y'all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home