Friday, May 05, 2006

Thirty wasn’t so bad after all

I haven't 'blogged' for a while, but I bet you weren't expecting me to be 33 when I came back!

The last few weeks have been pretty interesting. We had golf ball size hail stones. I saw my first rattle snake (actually my first land snake of any kind) - Rebecca's Dad shot it in the head, six times. I started applying for jobs which is stressing me out. The rugby club won Texas division II and went on to become runners up in the Western Union and we now go on to the 'sweet sixteen's' in Columbia, South Carolina next weekend.
Rugby brings me back to the premature aging that I have been experiencing... whilst at the Saltgrass last Friday, after beating the St Louis Ramblers, our captain decided to tell the waitress it was my birthday (My real one is actually in December) and I got a free cheesecake with a candle in it. That evening whilst out for dinner with the rest of the rugby club they all sang happy birthday to me and got the wait staff to come in and sing a song to me whilst clapping furiously (it's an American thing).
Happy Birthday was again sang to me at breakfast the next day and then again at C Hunts bar on Tuesday night after training and again in the dark at Nasty's during another enormous storm this Thursday night. Hence I am now approximately 33 years old. All very silly but it does kind of make up for sitting alone on my real birthday with a beer and a movie and then going to bed early!

1 Comments:

At Mon May 08, 11:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew I should have come to Austin on your birthday!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home