Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Texas to Mexico via London

So reads the back of the T-shirts at the Texas Embassy, London.

After I got back from visiting my Grandma this afternoon, via a rather posh outlet mall near Bicester, I popped into town on the tube. After shopping I felt a little parched so I decided to try and find the Texas Embassy that Evan had told me about. He said it was somewhere around Trafalgar Square. I headed off in what I thought was the right direction and ended up in Green Park. Here I found a map which put me back in the right direction and as it happens the perfect approach to Trafalger Square to bring me out at the Texas Embassy. Apparently, back in the day there was a real Embassy nearby (When Texas actually was a separate country rather than just considering itself one).

Although I have only been away for less than two weeks, it was nice to wash down some Mexican food with a Margarita whilst listening to George Strait!

Next time I'll take my camera with me. Evan assures me there is a plaque somewhere nearby marking where the laws of rugby were first written. A plaque probably won't stand out as well in Trafalger square as a Texan flag though! Any directions Evan?

3 Comments:

At Fri Oct 13, 11:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the Texas Embassy on a corner? It was around the corner, but on the same building I think. Maybe in the direction away from Trafalgar Square? Not sure, though. -Evan

 
At Sun Oct 15, 06:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi phil, long time no see,uncle tam here,jimmy's brov. does the embassy have a whore house?.
posted some comment about turnips and skunks. blogs a good un.
did you here about the dyslecsic pimp, he bought a warehouse. love to all inthat there texasland.
TAM.

 
At Sun Oct 15, 06:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

forgot to mention my sons site, check it out (go on you know you want to) www.walkerallstars.co.uk
keep your mojo working. Tam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home