Monday, May 29, 2006

Small Differences



On our last trip to the panhandle I noticed this paper lying on table. It's one of those glossy papers they slip in with the newspaper which advertises the deals on at the local supermarket. Nothing unusual there you might think. But what caught my eye was the strange looking thing on the left so I opened up the paper and this is what I saw...


Yes, that's right, in the prime advertising space of the centre, normally reserved for that bargain gallon of milk, deliciously cheap strawberries, juicyly affordable steak, naughtily inexpensive ice cream or cake, there was instead... A giant tongue!!!

It's small things like this which remind me every now and then that life is a little different here, and even more so in the Texas Panhandle.

2 Comments:

At Wed May 31, 05:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arent you more worried by that arm roast? Or have you already 'joined them'?

Hey, so I saw this on Beren's bro's blog:
THIS!
You should get one too...

 
At Thu Jun 01, 12:39:00 AM, Blogger Dr Phil said...

I never knew cows had arms until I came here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home