Sunday, November 12, 2006

Spell Check

Interestingly, the word 'blog' is not in the spell check dictionary for this site!

The alternatives it gives you are these:

bloc
bloch
blows
bloke
blocs
block
bolos
bloc's
blouse
blocky

I had never heard of bolos before. Apparently, it can either be American slang for soldiers who fail to meet the minimum standard for markmanship, or a single edged machete from the Philippines. You learn something new everyday.

'Weblog' is also not in the spellchecker. Instead it offers up Wobbles or Efflux!

2 Comments:

At Mon Nov 13, 11:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bolo is also a type of neck-tie common in the west & southwest.

 
At Tue Nov 14, 04:25:00 PM, Blogger Dr Phil said...

I'd forgotten about that. The dictionary I used didn't have it in. Does that mean I lose my honorary Texan status?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home